Monday, March 9, 2020

Renegades Rolling

My Renegades Hockey Team is going on a bit of a roll.  We really struggled in our division  to start the winter season and at one point I think we were in last place.  The league hasn't done a very good job of balancing the divisions this year.  There are two teams at the top that dominate all the others, despite some ongoing moves through the season.  The six lower teams in the division are all fairly evenly matched and all six have a record close to 0.500.  
Since the beginning of the calendar year my team has a record of 10 and 3.  A couple of the losses were really lopsided, but so were some of our victories.  We have three games in five days to wind down to the end of the regular season, in advance of the playoffs.  On Wednesday March 4th we played the Wingmen and beat them by a score of 8-3.  I was playing defense and took a shot on the inside of my wrist, just above the cuff of my hockey glove, and it has turned into a big purple bruise.  But, although it hurt a lot at the time, its not really an issue any longer.  I played again on Friday March 6th and we defeated a team called the Hawks by a score of 10-3.  The final game of the regular season will be on Sunday March 8th and I'll be at that one as well.  
As usual the league is rather tardy in releasing the schedule and as of March 7th, the dates for the upcoming games in the first round of the playoffs have not even been announced.  That makes it challenging to plan anything personally.  I realize that the matchups and the ice times can not be finalized until the last of the regular season games have been played.  But at least the tentative dates would help those of us that lead busy lives, to plan around hockey.

No comments: