Monday, March 2, 2020

Back at the shop again....

Despite having sold my business, and planning for my retirement, I find myself at the shop and the office a lot more than I intended.  I previously posted on my blog about the extended stretches that I have spent working.  Seems that continues.... hmmm.....?!
I was out at our place at Nordegg for an extended Family Day Long weekend, to accommodate the schedule of our counter top installation contractor.  Since then I have been at work.  After the long weekend I returned to the office on the afternoon of Wednesday February 19th... so it has been twelve days in a row since then... with five more coming up.  This time around the past two weekends were not spent working on company business... for a change...!  I focused my attention on building kitchen cupboards and a medicine cabinet for out bathroom.  The new ownership group is anxious for me to get all my personal stuff out of the shop, and I'm equally anxious to get these projects finished up.  A week ago I worked on the bodies of the two upper cupboards.  This past weekend I worked on the door frames and the trim.  I should be able to get this finished up and out of the shop very soon.
Now that winter is coming to an end, and spring is upon us, I'm more interested in getting out and doing stuff outside, rather than spending hours in the shop on these millwork projects.  It's time to get serious about my retirement and start doing some of the fun stuff that I've been waiting for...!


No comments: