Friday, February 28, 2020

Printing

Several members of the Monochrome Guild are involved in a photo project.  We have spent time over the past couple of years traveling to various locations around the province to make photographs.  We are documenting the remains of the coal mining industry here in our home province of Alberta.  We will continue with this project through 2020 and at the end of the year we expect to have a considerable body of work.  We are now in the early stages of working towards finding some opportunities to show this work.  To that end we have begun to put together a selection of prints that will be representative of the entire project.  Last weekend I finally found some time to return to my darkroom and work on some prints.  Between this project, and my efforts a few weeks back to print the Orca skull images, these are my first printing sessions in quite some time.  It was good to get back into the darkroom and spend some time on this stuff.  These snapshots below are three of the negatives that I attempted to print in this session.  I need to make time to return to the darkroom soon and print three or four more...




No comments: