Monday, February 10, 2020

Busy Weekend

I was sitting in the dressing room after my hockey game last night and thinking about the fact that I had to go back to work in the morning.  The Renegades played a 9:45 game at Canadian Athletic Club and defeated the Performance Graphics Panthers by a score of 4-2.   As I thought I about work, I had to stop and think about what day it was.  Since the Monday that I took off in late January to have the counter tops measured out in Nordegg, I have been at the shop every day since.  So much for retirement...
I can't really complain as some of this time was spent working on projects for myself. I'm now well underway on the remaining kitchen cabinets and the medicine cabinet.  I also have a bunch of framing supplies now packed up and stored away at home.
On Saturday I got up moderately early.  I headed to the bank to do some banking and then went in to the shop.  I worked on the cabinets until mid-afternoon.  Margarit met me at the shop and we loaded up the new mattresses that we recently ordered.  These had been delivered to the shop and stored here the past while, waiting until I had time to haul them home.  The new owners are now anxious for me get some of my stuff out of the shop, so today would be the day.  After taking those home, I loaded up the old mattress and box spring and disposed of them at the EcoStation.  Then I returned to the shop and continued on the cabinets for a bit, before loading up all my framing stuff and taking it home.  In the late afternoon I went down to the darkroom and printed the two negatives of the Orca Skull for the Dinosaur Valley Studios project.  Later still Margarit and I headed over to Mimi's Pub for a couple drinks.
On Sunday I wasn't feeling great and slept in for a bit.  Later I went back to the shop and continued on the cabinetry.  My youngest daughter Helena came with me and we also built a little bed out of scrap wood for her teddy bear.  After that I went home and finished up washing the prints from the night before.  Once that was done I headed over to the rink for the hockey game.  I got home from the game around midnight, and got to sleep about 1:00AM.  I've lost complete track of what day of the week it is as I have been at the shop every day for about 14 days in a row, with a full week ahead of me.
Next weekend is the Family Day long weekend so I think I need to take a break and get away from work for a bit.

No comments: