Thursday, March 21, 2019

Matthew Good

Yesterday I finally broke down and bought a replacement for my old iPhone 4S.  I can't remember exactly how long I've had that old phone, but it must be at least six or seven years.  I got a newer iPhone 7, which is only about three generations out of date, rather than seven or eight.  I went through the ordeal of sitting in the Apple Store for three hours yesterday while my old phone got backed up, and the data transferred to my new one.
In the evening Margarit and I went downtown to the Starlite Room to see Matthew Good do a solo acoustic show.  The Starlite Room was formerly Lush, The Rev, and Bronx and is in an old historic building that was originally built as a temple for the Salvation Army.  A lot of up and coming bands have played at this place over the years.  Matthew Good is a favorite of mine and an old established veteran performer.  I've seen him a couple of times before... once, over 20 years ago, when he was just starting out, at a small venue in Calgary... and then a few years ago here in Edmonton at the Jubilee Auditorium.  I tried out the new phone camera and took this snapshot at the show last night.


No comments: