Monday, March 4, 2019

March in the Mountains

I just spent another weekend at our cottage up in the mountains.  This time Margarit and Helena came along with me.  The two older girls stayed home in the city.  We took two vehicles out so that we could bring out a couple sections of the kitchen cupboards, as well as a sofa and a lamp.  Slowly but surely the interior finishing of the cottage is being wrapped up.....
We didn't get out there until early afternoon on Saturday.  I talked briefly with our friend Scott, who lives out there, and he said the temperature was down to -38C on Friday night and into Saturday morning.  It was cold when we got there, but not quite that cold...!
I understand that the furnace went out at one of the neighbors places down the road and their water holding tanks and pumps froze solid.  So far the electric furnace that I installed has been working well and the inside temperature has never dropped below +10C.  I also have a baseboard heater downstairs as a backup.
It was a pretty low key weekend.  We got the stuff unloaded and put into place.  I puttered around down in the basement for a bit on the installation of plywood wall panelling.  That was about it.  We had a good visit with our neighbors Rob and Brenda on Saturday evening.  
Its so quiet and relaxing out there.... I'm always reluctant to have to return home to the city......
I took this panoramic photo of the kitchen after we got the two cupboard sections in place.  Its a little jerky as I had to walk back and forth, while moving the camera, to get everything into the pano.  The center section is still under construction back at the shop in the city....

 

No comments: