Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Cottage Cabinets

Here's a couple more shots of the cabinets that I just finished building, and hauled out to Nordegg.  These two images were taken with my digital camera.... not with my iPhone on the panoramic setting....  Doesn't give a good perspective of the overall kitchen space, but a little better view of the cabinets themselves.  In combination with my previous post, this gives a good impression of what I'm trying to build.  I worked on the center section tonight after work and got all the hickory facing installed onto the body.  Just have to sand this out and finish it with a few coats of lacquer.  Then I will move on to building the drawers and doors.
There is a temporary counter top of 3/4" plywood that we will continue to use for the next little while.  We fill that wash tub that can be seen in these images in our bathroom when we need to do dishes, and then dump the water when we are finished.  Once I get the center section of cabinet completed and installed, then we can move on to countertops.  Once the countertop is in, then I can install our kitchen sink and faucet and connect the plumbing.  This will be completed soon... hopefully in late March, or early April...!!



No comments: