Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Older Image

I'm workinig on a soon to be announced project with a few of my fellow members from the Monochrome Guild.  I spent some time going through my archive of negatives to find some images that were suited to our current project.  In doing that, I came across this one.  I don't think I've ever printed it and perhaps this is one that I should consider working with.  I took this image with my old Sinar F1 view camera, back in April of 2010.  I later replaced that camera with the two Ebony folding field cameras that I have been using since 2012.  The Sinar is a great camera... very technical and accurate. But it is a monorail camera that is quite heavy and bulky and does not collapse down to nearly as compact as size as the folding wood Ebony cameras.  I still have several Sinar F1 cameras and use them from time to time... but mostly just for studio work, when I don't have to carry it any distance.  I have a lensboard adapter that allows me to share my vast collection of large format lenses between both systems.
This particular image was taken up at the Brazeau Collieries Historic Site in Nordegg with a wide angle 75mm lens and a #25 Red filter.  I shot it on the long ago discontinued Kodak High Speed Infrared film.  Although this film ceased being produced back in the late 1990's... and the last batches reached their best before dates in 2000 and 2001, I still have quite a bit of the film left in my freezer and have continued to shoot it.  I'm quite pleased with the look of this one and am not quite sure why it was passed over before....


1 comment:

Curtiscomeau said...

This blog is really helpful.
Such a great post. This is something interesting and very informative.
Edmonton Interior Photographer