Saturday, June 27, 2015

Fuji Neopan Acros

On June 14th I processed at batch of Fuji Neopan Acros 4" x 5" sheet film.  This film has been sporadically available in Canada for about a decade or so.  In the past couple of years it seems to be more consistently available, but the price has increased significantly in the past little while.  It now retails for about $57 USD for a box of 20 sheets.  This works out to nearly $4 CAD per sheet, and is one of the most expensive black and white sheet films available.   But I quite like it and it has become one of my favorite films...
Years ago I initially started out processing this film in D-76 developer, and gave the film slightly less exposure than it's rated speed.  Although this yields wonderful mid tones in evenly lit subjects, like portraits, I have switched to Rodinal developer for my pictorial work.  Over the past year or so I have been exposing the film at 80 iso and processing in Rodinal 1:50 for 11:00 minutes at 24C.  I quite like the results, and that's what I did for this current batch.  I think this is slightly overdeveloped from what I would consider normal development, and is probably about equivalent to N + 1/2.
These images were all taken on various trips... the Fall Photo Weekend to Jasper last November, the Badlands Trip last October, and various day trips over the winter and spring.



















No comments: