Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Acceptances and Rejections....

Last week I received an e-mail from the Visual Arts Association of Alberta advising me that one of my images had been accepted for display at their upcoming Open Image 2015 show.  The VAAA has been running this competition and show for a number of years and I have been accepted, and won an honorable mention, in the past.  New this year.... they now pay a small exhibition fee to all accepted artists.  The exact exhibition dates have not yet been confirmed but the show runs at the Northern and Southern Alberta Jubilee auditoriums from late August to late November.
I also received a package in the mail this week from the Vernon Public Art Gallery.  My submission package for our Procession West project was returned.  There was no cover letter and no explanation, just our materials sent back.  I take this to be a rejection....
Another gallery out on Vancouver Island acknowledged receipt of our Procession West package and confirmed that their jury will make a decision and notify us later in the summer.

No comments: