Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Kodak High Speed Infrared 4" x 5"

Back at the beginning of June I processed another batch of Kodak High Speed Infrared 4" x 5" film.  I have been struggling with this stuff a little lately.  There have been issues with uneven development and fogging.  I have come to the conclusion that there are light leaks in my darkroom that are the main contributors to this problem.  Except for times when I am traveling, my film is loaded into film holders in my darkroom, unloaded from the film holders in my darkroom, and then processed in stainless steel hangers and open tanks, in my darkroom.  These three doses of exposure to low level light have resulted in fogging of my film.  I became aware of the problem and took steps to prevent the low level exposure that has been occurring during processing.  Although this has not fully resolved the problem, it has made an improvement.  In the future, now that I am aware of the issue, I will take steps to eliminate these light leaks that are resulting in fogging of the film during loading and unloading.  Despite the fact that this film all passed it's best before date about 15 years ago I am optimistic that with a little care and I attention I can continue to shoot it.  Here are scans of a few of the better images from this most recent batch....









No comments: