Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June 23

On June 23rd Margarit and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary.  Seems like just yesterday we had that big wedding party out at my parent's place.  But, three daughters later, and as I think back at all the wedding guests we had, some of whom we have lost touch with, and others that are no longer with us, it drives home that it really has been quite a while.  Sure wish I hadn't wasted all those years on my first marraige and we had found each other sooner....
To celebrate the milestone Margarit and I went out for dinner and the girls stayed with my Mom.  We have mostly been living at my Mom's place lately anyway, as our renovation is dragging on and on...
We went to La Ronde, the revolving restaurant at the top of the Chateau Lacombe Hotel in downtown Edmonton.  The 24 storey tower is perched on the edge of the river valley and offers great views of the skyline, the river valley, and the sprawl into the suburbs.  Over the course of the two hours that we spent there, we listened to some live jazz music, and the restaurant made it through one 360 degree revolution.  It was a great evening.....

1 comment:

Chris BIGDoer Doering said...

Congrats! It's so nice to share your life with someone. Ordinary things become special, and special ones extraordinary.