Monday, November 15, 2010

Ilford FP4+








Now that fall is upon us, and winter is just around the corner, I find myself spending less time out taking photographs, and more time in my darkroom processing and printing them.  Although I did get out for a couple hours with my oldest daughter on Sunday afternoon, most of my spare time this weekend was put towards processing some film.  Ilford FP4+ is a nice crisp film that I don't shoot as much as I should.  I find that when I develop it a little more than double the "normal" time it yields some really sparkling, contrasty negatives.  This is best for images captured when the light is a little flat.  I had a backlog of 40 sheets of film, dating back to 2008, 2009 and 2010.  I processed half of it on Saturday night, and the balance on Sunday.  The first batch is now dry and I scanned a few of the best ones.  The second batch just came out of the film washer and is currently drying.  There are more good ones in that batch that I will scan in the coming days.  I now need to find time to organize the scrap heap that is my darkroom and make some space to start printing some of these!

No comments: