Monday, November 8, 2010

Ilford SFX

I processed a couple of rolls of Ilford SFX medium format film on Sunday night.  Some of the images on these two rolls date back to late 2009.  I shot these with my Hasselblad during some of my travels, over the last year.  This film is not a true infrared film, rather it has extended red sensitivity.  I expose it through an 89B filter.  This is a very deep red filter that you can barely see through.  It looks much like a dark welding glass.  It blocks out virtually all visible wavelengths allowing the film to be exposed with extended red and infrared wavelengths.  The result is a tonal range that is beyond what our eyes can see.  This batch includes some images from weekend day trips over the spring, as well as a couple of shots of the mounted Hadrosaur that we shot this past weekend.

No comments: