This is a scan of another negative from the Beer Parlour Project outing to Barley's Pub in the Dominion Hotel, in Carstairs, Alberta. Chris and Byron and David and I visited on February 28th of 2026, and I took this photograph at about 8:20 in the evening.
I shot this photograph with my Ebony SV45TE view camera and a Nikkor 210mm lens. This was a 4"x5" sheet of Kodak T-Max 400 rated at 1250 iso. I processed the film on June 20th in T-Max developer, 1:4, for 8:35 minutes at 24C. The exposure was for 1 second at F8.0.
This guy is Dan, and he seemed to know the area a little, but was not a local. He was spinning some tall tales, perhaps for our benefit. After he left, the locals were kind of scratching their heads about some of his stories. It's all good fun, and whatever embellishment there might have been, it was certainly entertaining.

No comments:
Post a Comment