Monday, January 29, 2024

Clam Nets

This is yet another T-Max 100 negative, from that recent batch processed in 510 Pyro Developer.  This one was taken just minutes after the previously posted image of the tide pools at low tide.  These are clams nets, and they were down near the low water line.  I don't know exactly how this process works.  The nets are stretched out on the beach and anchored to some concrete blocks at the corners.  There are obviously a lot of clams here in the sand of the beach and I could see there little burrows all over the place beyond the nets.  I presume that the nets keep the shorebirds and other wildlife from digging up the clams, until it is time for the human harvest...?  But I don't really know that for sure.
I took this photograph on October 25th 2023 at about 10:45 in the morning.  I used my Ebony view camera and a wide 75mm lens.  Instead of the usual #25 Red Filter, this time I used a #22 Orange filter.  It pumped up the contrast somewhat but retained a little more detail in the low values of the nets.



No comments: