Friday, January 5, 2024

2024 Fine Art Calendar

Once again I have produced my annual Fine Art Photography calendar.  I print about 30 copies of this every year, and distribute it to family and close friends.  I was not totally happy with the 2023 version of my calendar as the printing quality was not to my expectations.  For many years I printed with a small home based business.  They closed up shop in 2022, so for my 2023 calendar I tried PhotoBook Canada.  The calendar was OK... but not great.  This year I switched to Vista Print, and am much happier with the result.  That said, their design software is cumbersome and difficult to use, and their customer support was not helpful.  Their ordering process requires orders in multiples of 10, so I could not order 35 copies... it had to be 30... or 40.   But despite all that, the print quality is noticeably better, and the pricing is comparable.  
This is the cover of the 2024 edition of my calendar.  The photo is of Medicine Lake in Jasper National Park, and was taken on the Fall Photo Weekend outing with the Monochrome Guild in October of 2022.



No comments: