Sunday, June 11, 2023

1st Round of 23

I headed back out to Nordegg on June 7th... yet another solo trip.  I ordered a bunch of tree seedlings and they arrived just before we headed down to East Coulee.  These really need to be planted before they dry out and die.  I have ten Jackpine Seedlings and three Bristlecone Pine Seedlings.
I arrived around 3:00 in the afternoon and immediately made a run to the dump.  I got rid of some construction waste from the guest cottage, and some garbage that was left over from the Tribe reunion.  Then I called over to the golf course and booked a tee time.  I'm not quite sure why I had to book... there was only one group ahead of me, and one behind me, and we never even got close to each other.  I bought an annual membership to the Historic Nordegg Golf Course earlier this spring, but this was actually the first time I got out to play a round.  It was a little hot and the temperature peaked at about +27 in the late afternoon.
I had a new pair of golf shoes to try out.  The last time I wore golf shoes was about 40 years ago, and then they had steel spikes.  Technology sure has changed things... now all the shoes have plastic spikes, or are spikeless.  My tee shots were all really good, and that is not really an issue.  But my approach shots with the irons, and my putting, is terrible.  I ended up losing three balls and finding two, and shot a score of 50.  Certainly nothing to brag about, but it was nice to get that first round of the year out of the way.  I only played about six rounds last fall, and that is really the first time that I've played since I was about 18 years old.  As I write this my 60-year-old carcass is reminding me of a whole bunch of muscles that I have not used in quite a while.  But it was a beautiful afternoon to get out and walk the course.





No comments: