Tuesday, June 6, 2023

June Image - David Thompson Country Calendar

This is the image I selected for the June page of my David Thompson County calendar.  This is Crescent Falls on the Bighorn River.  This image was taken almost a quarter century ago, back in 1999.  There is now a viewing platform at the spot that this photograph was taken from.  I understand the area is closed this season, as there are further renovations and upgrades taking place.  
This shot was taken on the long discontinued Kodak High Speed Infrared film.  That was a favorite emulsion of mine back in the day.  The small amount I have left in stock expired over twenty years ago and is becoming badly fogged.  It no longer yields results as spectacular as this.  I love the way that the evergreens have that ghostly glow about them, and the separation between sky and clouds.  The water also goes very dark.



No comments: