Thursday, January 20, 2022

On the Road Again

I got up at 5:45AM on Monday the 17th.  I quickly packed up everything at the cottage and shut things down.  I managed to hit the road for Rocky Mountain House shortly after 7:00AM.  The roads were good and I made it to Rocky Mountain Dodge shortly after they opened at 8:00AM.  They were very helpful and friendly and booked me in right away.  My truck was in the shop a few minutes later.  It turned out that it was only a programming fix that was needed to resolve the DEF issue.  There was also a recall for a programming fix on something else, and they did that at the same time.  I was out of the dealership and back on the road by around 10:00AM, and made it back to the city by just after noon.  
The skies were sunny and the roads were dry most of the way to the city.  Once I got north of Highway 13 the roads were a little wet.  As I got closer to Edmonton, near Leduc, it started to rain.  It rained most of the afternoon and then turned to snow.  The temperature plummeted over ten degrees in an hour, and be evening it was very windy and quite cold.  The roads will be treacherous for a day or two, but then it is supposed to warm up again.

No comments: