Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Making the Best of It

With my stay in Nordegg unexpectedly extended, I decided to make the best of it.  It was overcast and around Zero degrees on Sunday the 16th.  Later in the day the skies broke open a bit and temperature rose a couple of degrees.  
I went to work in the guest cottage and tried to take advantage of the extra time.  I had nine boards that were about 9 feet long... just the right length for the ceiling of the second bedroom.  I cut these all to exact length and installed them on the ceiling.  This completed about a third of the ceiling.  Then I started installing a few boards to the high ceiling.  I installed the first row of boards, as well as a few more up on the mezzanine.  This was about the extent of what I could reach and properly install by myself.  But it is a bit of a start, and when my helpers come out with me in a week or so, we will be able to carry on.
Later in the afternoon I visited with a couple of the neighbors.  In the evening I went back to the cottage and prepared for my departure.  I did the dishes and tidied up a bit.  I want to get up very early on Monday and hit the road for Rocky Mountain House.  I'm hoping that if I get to the Dodge dealership first thing in the morning, then they can deal with my truck issues sooner rather than later.  My neighbor Dan offered to come and pick me up and bring me back to Nordegg if there are any issues with them being unable to fix my truck.  This would allow me to take my old truck home, and come and pick up the new one at another time.  A very generous offer, but I'm seriously hoping that I don't have to take him up on it.





No comments: