Saturday, January 15, 2022

Finished Finishing

I spent most of January 14th applying lacquer to the last of the aspen boards.  I never did do an exact count of how many I brought out at Christmas time.  Somewhere around 110 boards.  I got four coats of lacquer applied to all of them, and finished up the last boards on the 14th.  I should clarify that this is not all of the boards... just the last of the ones that I brought out here to Nordegg.  There are still over 300 more to bring out at some point in the future.
Once this current batch is all dry I will need to get the workspace organized.  The sawhorses that I used to lay the boards out on will need to be put away.  The boards themselves will all need to be stacked up out of the way, and sorted by length.  The scaffold will then need to be moved into proper position for installation of the boards to the east side of the high ceiling.  The next time we get a mild spell of weather I will bring out a couple of helpers, and we'll get busy.





No comments: