Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Finished with 2017

I finally finished processing all of my 4x5 Black and White Negatives taken during the 2017 Calendar year.  There were a total of 442 of them.  I almost always expose at least two sheets of each scene... occasionally three.  This means I set up the camera around 200 times that year.  I used 17 different kinds of film through the year, and 15 different lenses, on three different 4x5 cameras.  I can now file all these negatives away, with the appropriate notes, and move on to newer stuff.  With the turning of the calendar to 2022 I found myself six years behind in processing, so its nice to have this done.
I was not nearly as active photographically in 2018 and 2019.  I was still working then and was very busy trying to keep my business running, while it was up for sale.  I only shot 135 sheets in 2018 and 280 in 2019.  Most of those are already processed, so it won't take me long to catch up on these and be a little more up to date.  With my reduction in work hours in 2020, and full retirement in 2021, my annual shooting volume is up to more typical levels.  Plus in 2021 I bought a new 8x10 camera and starting shooting fairly regularly with that format as well.

No comments: