Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Spreading Creek Burn

Back in 2014  a large forest fire swept through the upper reaches of the North Saskachewan River Valley.  The fire started inside Banff National Park and spread outside the park into Clearwater County.  It approached the Kootenay Plains but didn't quite make it that far.  It was brought under control near Whirlpool Point.  The fire was really sporadic and patchy.  Some areas were hardly touched while other were burnt right to the ground.  Hailey and I explored out there one afternoon back in July.  She was photographing with one of my Hasselblad cameras.  We haven't got around to processing her film yet.  I was shooting with my 4" x 5" view camera.  I took this photograph on Fuji Neopan Acros film using a 210mm Schneider G-Claron lens.  I like the way that those burnt out trunks look like Totem Poles.  



No comments: