Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Old House

We were out on the weekend and explored an old house.  Our friends Chris and Connie from Calgary were with us.  Margarit and Hailey and Helena came along... but Anna decided to stay home.  This was out on the prairie... not far from our shop in East Coulee.  
When I first walked up to the place there were pigeons sitting on the two light fixtures and as I got closer, over a dozen of them flew out the front window... When I opened the door to go in, another flew out and crashed in to me.  There was pigeon shit all over the inside of the house and big piles of it on the window sills.  Rather disgusting to say the least. 
The house was not all that old... probably last used in the 1960's or early 1970's.  The exterior was rather plain and non-descript but the interior was kind of cool.  I took one shot with my big camera and a couple of snapshots with my phone.



1 comment:

Off the Beaten Path - with Chris & Connie said...

If not for all the poop it'd have actually been a pretty cool place. It wasn't over the top awesome, but still there was this cool retro vibe. Like a place of my childhood.