Wednesday, September 11, 2019

More Old Neon

Last Saturday morning dawned clear and sunny and I was up early.  So, I headed out to west Edmonton with my big view camera.  I have had a fascination with old neon signs for quite some time now.  When I come across one I make a note of it and try to return and photograph it at some point.  I now have a collection of about half a dozen images or so.  These old signs are quickly disappearing and at least two of the ones that I have shot, out of my limited selection, are now gone.
Maybe someday I'll collect enough images to put together a bit of a photo essay or small show.  Just need to pay a little more attention to what signs still remain and get out and shoot more before they disappear too.
This one is kind of cool because the word "Real Estate" is done in neon, but over top of it are clear neon tubes that spell out "Insurance".  It's doubtful that this old sign still works, but I need to drive by at night some time and have a look.....




No comments: