Sunday, November 6, 2016

Jasper Lake

This is the first shot I set up during the recent Fall Photo Weekend.  This was taken on the shores of Jasper Lake.  Obviously the water is very low at this time of year, leaving these large sand flats exposed.  As soon as we got out of the truck and headed down to the shore, this scene was upon us and we just had to stop and photograph it.  The low fall light was fantastic, and this was one of the first breaks in the clouds that we experienced all day.  Normally it is very windy here, and sometimes photography is virtually impossible.  On this day it was abnormally calm, though the breeze did pick up a little later.  I shot this negative on Kodak Tri-X Pan 320 film with my Ebony view camera.  I used a Schneider G-Claron 210mm lens and a #25 Red Filter.  I processed this normally in PMK developer.  I shot a couple other versions of this composition on other films and will have to wait and see which is the best negative for printing.  I quite like this image and expect that I will eventually get around to printing it.


No comments: