Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekend Explorations

I spent the weekend out exploring with my friends Chris and Connie from Calgary.  Chris and Connie write the "Off the Beaten Path" website which can be found at...   www.bigdoer.com
Margarit and I met up with Chris and Connie on Saturday morning and we set out for the day.  We stopped at an old schoolhouse, a trestle bridge and an abandoned railway car before eventually continuing on to a couple of places that we had permission to get into.  The first was an old abandoned farm yard and then later a historic village.  I didn't have my digital camera with me on this day so I have no snapshots to post here.  I did quite a bit of shooting with my view camera so eventually some of those images will find their way onto my blog.  It was a mild day, but overcast most of the time.  By evening the clouds got heavier and it began to rain.  We headed into Fort Saskatchewan to a local restaurant and had a nice dinner together.
On Sunday morning Chris and Connie dropped by and we headed out again.  This time around Margarit had to stay behind and do some stuff with the girls.  The three of us headed out and did a circle tour of Lamont and Two Hills Counties.  We explored an old church, a couple farm yards, several cemeteries and an industrial site.  Late in the day we stopped at a century old Ukrainain Orthodox church.  John, the church treasurer, saw us there and opened the church and the bell tower for us so that we could have a look around.  We made it back into the city by evening and said our good byes as Chris and Connie still had to make that boring three hour drive down Highway 2 to Calgary.  On this day I remembered my digital camera so I have a few snap shots to share...

















No comments: