Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Final Batch of Assiniboine Photos

These last few are the outtakes from the Mt. Assiniboine photos.  These are all OK, but not as strong as some of the images that I've previously posted.  I have now processed all of the Kodak Tri-X Pan film that I shot on the Assinboine trip as well as about half of the Fuji Neopan Acros negatives.  The remaining Fuji images are all duplicates of compositions done on Kodak as well.  I always take two shots of every set up, partly because different film and developer combinations have a slightly different look, and partly as insurance in case something gets exposed or damaged during processing and handling.  Before I actually invest the time in making any exhibition prints from these negatives I will finish processing them all, and select the best one for each print.  There will be very subtle differences between them that will make a slight improvement in the quality of a fine print, but not anything that will be evident in a scan.  So I will not be posting any of those duplicate negatives once they have been processed.  I do have a few sheets of color transparency film from the Assiniboine trip that I hope to get around to processing in the next couple of weeks.  If anything turns out nicely I may post some of those.







No comments: