Friday, November 11, 2016

Beauty Creek

Here's another one from the recent Fall Photo Weekend in Jasper with the Monochrome Guild gang.  This is Beauty Creek, along the Icefields Parkway.  It was an overcast day, drizzling off and on, so Peter and I decided to head up to Beauty Creek.  The soft overcast light suited the subject at hand.  The blank, overcast sky wasn't an issue as it wasn't included in the shots that we took on this day, October 28th.  I shot this on Kodak Tri-X Pan film with my 4x5 view camera and a Schneider 110mm lens.  It was processed in PMK developer.  I used a shutter speed of 1/8 second to nicely blur the water, without getting too soft.

I've reached a milestone with this blog post as this is my 1000th...!  Thanks to all of those who continue to visit my blog to view my images and read my ramblings.


1 comment:

Curtiscomeau said...

Great blog.
Your post is very interesting and profitable for us. It is really useful to me and all people.
Useful information shared.
Edmonton Photography