Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Renegades - Only Six

On July 5th the Renegades played a game at Millwoods Arena verses the Mighty Ducks.  We only had our goalie plus six skaters show up... the minimum to avoid a forfeit.  This meant that we had five skaters on the ice, and one on the bench through the entire game.
Being the oldest player on the team, and the least skilled, I just tried to stay back and be a stay at home defensemen.  The younger guys were skating a lot harder than I was.  So I stayed on the ice almost the entire game and just took one short break in each period.  I think I must have been on the ice for about 55 minutes out of the 60 minute game.
The other team had 13 skaters, and should have been able to skate us into the ice.  But we took it to them and played a really strong game... and spanked them 9-2.  I think this game was among the most fun games I have played in my 20 year rec hockey career...!



No comments: