Saturday, July 2, 2022

Neopan Acros 100 in Rodinal - Dead Trees

That recently processed batch of Fuji Neopan Acros film yielded quite a few good images.  I've posted a couple here on my blog already, and have several more that I will be posting in the coming days.
I shot this one a year ago, in June of 2021.  It is a stand of trees that were drowned and are now silvered and dead.  At the time this photo was taken the small creek flowing through the area was not very significant.  But there once was a beaver dam here that flooded this flat and drowned all these trees.  Since this image was taken, the beavers have built a new dam and as of late 2021 the area was all flooded again.  I have not been back yet in 2022 to see what is going on.  This spot is not far from my cottage and we often ride over to it on our ATV's.
I shot this with my Ebony SV45TU view camera and a somewhat wide angle 110mm lens.  A red filter was used to darken the sky and make the clouds stand out, and to increase contrast.  Like the rest of my recently posted images, this one was also developed in Rodinal 1:50 for 11:00 minutes.



No comments: