Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Living the Dream

It seems like I have been finishing aspen boards since January...!   Oh, I suppose I have been.  I never did take an exact count, but I bought somewhere around 500 boards.  I now have about 375 of them finished and installed.  But there is lots of work left to do.
On June 27th I loaded up 50 more boards and by mid afternoon I was ready to hit the road to Nordegg.  There are still nearly 100 boards left in storage to be brought out in the future.
I spent Tuesday and Wednesday working in the guest cottage.  I had about a dozen finished boards left from the last time I was out.  I installed these to the east wall of the bathroom while I continued with finishing of the boards I brought out.  
On Wednesday I finished up the exterior walls in the bathroom and started on the interior walls.  It will sure be nice when I can complete this paneling installation and move on to other finishing work.
In true "old retired guy" fashion not only did I continue working on my project, but I also made another trip to the dump.  As glamorous as this sounds, it beats the hell out of any day spent working in the office.





No comments: