Monday, July 11, 2022

Old Yard

Back in late June I went out for a day trip exploring.  This trip actually predates some of the recent blog posts I've made relating to the July Long Weekend.  I found this old farm yard and wandered around for a bit.  There was a bunch of stuff left in the old house that was pretty interesting.  I ended up taking a shot with my view camera of the old boots on top of the fridge.
As I was wandering around the yard I stepped on a board with a nail in it, that was concealed in the grass.  It penetrated the sole of my shoe and punctured the bottom of my foot.  It was pretty painful but didn't bleed too much, and I just kept going on it for the rest of the day.  It healed up nicely and never got infected, so all was good.
There was a cool old padlock on the door of one of the buildings.  It was neat the way the previous owner of the yard used an old wrench for a door latch...!!










No comments: