Friday, February 18, 2022

Rollei RPX-25 in Perceptol - Stone Ruin

Margarit and I hiked in to this old stone ruin in the badlands of southern Alberta in October of 2020. I recently processed this batch of film in Perceptol.  I was experimenting with running Ilford FP4 in Perceptol on my Jobo Processor, in the hope of eliminating the staining issues that I was having.  While I had some of the developer mixed up, I also ran a batch of Rollei RPX-25.  There were some strange white patches on the Rollei negatives that I can't explain.  Fortunately they were mostly right at the edge, though a couple of sheets were ruined by these patches right in the middle of the image.  This negative has some of that damage at the edge and as a result I had to crop it slightly.
I shot this image with my Ebony SV45TE Field Camera and a Rodenstock 90mm lens.  This is a wide angle lens, comparable to a 28mm lens in full frame digital format.  I also used a #8 Yellow Filter to darken the sky.



No comments: