Friday, February 11, 2022

March in February

Hailey came back home to the city on Monday.  I had a hockey game on Monday night, and then played floor hockey on Tuesday morning.  That afternoon I loaded up more aspen paneling and on Wednesday morning headed back out to the cottage on a solo trip.  It was +13C west of Rocky Mountain House on the drive out.  Closer to Nordegg the temperature dropped off a little to about +8C.  
I arrived in the early afternoon and unpacked all of my groceries and supplies.  Then I unloaded all of the aspen boards and balsam trim that I brought along, and stacked them in the new cottage.  It was just a small load this time, as I don't need that many to keep me busy with my planned work.  Once that was done I made a trip to the dump.  The dump is only open three days a week, for about four hours each time.  I haven't made it over there for quite some time as it seems I was always busy, or it was too cold.  There was a huge pile of garbage accumulated in the garage dating back to before Christmas.  With the warm weather it was starting to stink... so it was good to finally get rid of it.  On the way back I stopped and checked out the hockey rink in town.  It was more like a pool than a rink, so there will be no outside hockey this week.... sadly.
On Wednesday evening it was breezy and the temperature held at around +8 all night long.  On Thursday it was mostly cloudy, with a few sunny breaks, and the temperature edged up to about +10.  It was very windy all day long and a few dead trees came down back in the bush.  But with the wind and mild temperatures the snow quickly disappeared, and there is hardly any left.  It feels much more like late March than the first half of February.  I doubt that winter is behind us and expect that we will likely get slammed with another spell of cold weather and more snow.  But for the time being it is nice to enjoy the mild weather.  Sure makes working in the new cottage a lot more comfortable.




No comments: