Sunday, February 20, 2022

Forest Cascade - J&C Classic 200 in HC-110

I took this shot last summer, in August.  It was down along Shunda Creek, not far from my property in Nordegg.  The water level on the creek was low enough that the cascades were evident, the rock exposed, and access fairly easy.
I shot this with my Ebony SV45TE view camera and a Fujinon 125mm lens with a #25 Red Filter.  The film was J&C Classic 200.  There used to be a photo supplier in the St. Louis area called J&C.  They went out of business many years ago as a result of what the owner called a frivolous lawsuit.  I was sad to see them go, as they carried a great variety of large format film.  This included some that they branded with their own name.  I know it was made for them over in Europe.  Possibly by Foma or Adox... not really sure.
I still have a couple of boxes left in my freezer and shoot it from time to time.  I find that the film has a fairly pronounced grain, so I try to use it when I feel that the grain might suit the image.  Though that was not really the case this time around.
I process this film with continuous agitation on my Jobo processor.  Development was with Kodak HC-110 Developer, Dilution B, for 7:45 minutes at 20C.



No comments: