Saturday, February 12, 2022

Back to Work

On Thursday the 10th I spent the entire day working in the cottage.  It was really warm and comfortable working inside, and much more pleasant than those cold days over Christmas.  
I brought out about 30 random lengths of aspen paneling, plus about ten lengths of balsam trim.  My goal is to install aspen to the south gable end.  Once that is done there is a little trim needed in the corners and at the ridge.  I also have the three pendant style light fixtures for the high ceiling.  I hope to be able to get all of this done while I am out this time, so that then I can take down the scaffold.  That will provide a lot more working space for me to carry on with the rest of the project.
I installed some support blocking to the gable end, and then put up the vapor barrier on the southwest corner.  Then I started installing paneling in the loft area above the bathroom.  I got a good start on this, and in between I worked on applying lacquer to the materials that I brought out.



No comments: