Monday, February 28, 2022

Return Trip to Nordegg

On Thursday February 24 Brad and I returned to the city after spending four days out at Nordegg.  We managed to get the meter base and the panel roughed in and ready for inspection.
On Friday February 25 Margarit and I headed back out to Nordegg.  We didn't get out of the city until shortly after 4:00 and it was dark by the time we arrived at the cottage.  The three girls all stayed behind in the city so this was the first couples weekend for us in quite some time.
We had some snacks and watched a DVD movie on Friday night after our arrival.  We slept in a bit on Saturday morning, and then headed over to the guest cottage for a while.  I applied four coats of lacquer to a handful of trim boards that I had brought out previously, and then worked on some electrical stuff.  I installed a fourth breaker into the panel, this one for the exterior receptacles and switches.  This also required the connection of a junction box, and some modifications to one of the exterior receptacles.  I made some notes on the wall beside the panel as to which breaker is which.  This will be transferred to a proper label once the rest of the circuits are in.  Then I closed up the panel so that is is ready to be energized.  I also drilled through for the exterior light above the entrance, and installed the box.  I still have an exterior yard light on the other side, that is part of this same circuit and needs to be drilled through next time.  While I was working on all of this Margarit tidied up all the construction mess in the cottage.
Later that evening I made us a dinner of prime rib, mashed potatoes with gravy and steamed beets.  We enjoyed the nice meal together.  I challenged myself to do the "Dry February Challenge"  I wasn't taking any pledges, and not raising any money for charity, rather I just challenged myself to go alcohol free for a month.  The month is pretty much over now, and I haven't touched anything, nor been tempted.  But it precluded us from having a nice bottle of wine with dinner.
On Sunday we slept in again, and then had a relaxing morning in the cottage.  After breakfast and coffee we tidied up a bit and packed up for the return to the city.  We took a load of garbage to the dump and did a quick tour around the neighborhood.  We hit the road for home by about 3:00 in the afternoon and arrived back in the city, right on schedule, at around 6:00PM.
The DEF warning came on AGAIN in my truck.  We managed to make it back into the city before the truck went into limp mode, but not with much room to spare.  I will need to visit the Ram dealer on Monday to get this dealt with.  It sure seems like a stupid system to shut down the truck when a pollution control solution, that freezes at -10C, doesn't work properly.  I sure hope the manufacturer comes up with a long term solution for this as it is really ridiculous...!!







No comments: