Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Adox CHS 50

Several years ago I discovered this wonderful film....  I was overjoyed... a new film on the market, in sheet format... fine grained, slow emulsion... things were looking up.  I bought a box of 50 sheets, tried it and loved it, and promptly bought a few more boxes...  A short time later I discovered that this Adox emulsion was coated in the same factory, and with the same equipment as several other films that I really liked... Efke PL25, and Maco IR... among others...  Then news came out that the factory had suffered a "fatal equipment failure" and that several of my favorite films were immediately discontinued.
Since that time there have been several new films released, by various manufacturers... but nothing slow and fine grained... which are the films I really love...  So, as with so many others, I have to ration the stock I have left in my freezer and shoot it in situations that it is best suited to...  I think I am starting to sound like a broken record...
Record... that's kind of fitting... sort of dates me, and puts me in the same era as film... as opposed to current times, which are not about analog, and all about digital formats....
I processed these images about two weeks ago... a mix of normal and plus development... all in Rodinal developer...
This selection includes images from 2012, 2013 and 2014.  Some older shots from winter day trips at the end of 2012.  Weekend day trips down in southern Alberta in 2013, and a few from the recent Fall Photo Weekend with the Monochrome Guild.












No comments: