Tuesday, April 2, 2019

"Winter's Dawn" and "Our City" at Remedy Cafe

Last night, after my weekly guitar lesson, I headed over to Remedy Cafe to help the gang from the Monochrome Guild install our two shows.  Upstairs we have a selection of 13 prints representing the "Winter's Dawn" theme.  These are all prints from negatives taken during our fall trips to Jasper National Park.  These trips have typically been in October and November over most of the past few years.  I included three of my prints in this selection.  Downstairs there are about 15 prints representing the "Our City" theme.  These are mostly architectural and streetscapes taken around Edmonton.  I included two small prints down there.
As we completed the installation upstairs I took a few snapshots with my phone of the installation.  The panoramic shot is kind of humerous as Arturo was walking away from the prints as I panned the camera, and he looks sort of deformed.... 
Afterwards we went downstairs to install the prints there.  These are a little more scattered about in a larger space as there are no larger wall spaces to display the prints.  Rather the prints are spaced about on smaller wall spaces and columns throughout the main seating area in the cafe.  It was about 11:00PM when we finished putting up all the prints and information cards and signage.  Of course I forgot to take a snapshot downstairs before I headed home.......





No comments: