Tuesday, February 5, 2019

An Old One....

The cold snap continues.....  I parked my truck in the shop today, for the entire afternoon, so that it could thaw out.  The daytime high temperature made it up to about -23C today...  But it dropped down to -37C last night, and will get down to about the same tonight.  With the wind chill factored in it feels like the temperature is down in the -40's....  I guess this is the price to be paid for having such mild conditions so far this winter.
I am busy at work these days with lots of paperwork and accounting to catch up on.  All the calendar year end stuff that needs to be dealt with, plus there is a reasonable activity level with jobs to bid on.  But there is no work going ahead now and I am at my wits end dealing with my staff and trying to keep them busy.  Even amongst the older generation there seems to be this sense of entitlement.....
I was at work until after 6:00 this evening dealing with paperwork.   I puttered around on some cabinet stuff for half and hour after I clocked out.  Then I came home and watched my Oilers completely shit the bed as they lost yet another NHL game.  I'm certainly grateful that I made the decision NOT to invest in season tickets this year.
After the game ended I went down to my office and fumbled through some scans of negatives from past years.  With this cold weather there is no opportunity to shoot anything new, so I have turned my attention to older work.  I came across this one, shot down on the Paria Plateau in northern Arizona back in October of 2013.  This was on my first trip down there with my friends Brad and Rob....


No comments: