Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Returned Home....

I left Edmonton on Friday October 16th and traveled back down to Kanab, Utah.  My friend Brad was traveling with me, and my friend Rob was meeting us down there.  This was my third trip to the area in the last three years.  Brad, Rob and I spent a week down there in October of 2013.  Magarit and the girls and I visited in April of 2014. On this return trip the guys and I were again planning on doing some back country hiking and photography.  As a result of this trip I was unable to attend the reception of the Open Image 2015 show at the Jubilee Auditorium.  The weather had been hot and sunny in the week in advance of our arrival.  Our arrival in Utah coincided with the onset of some cool, rainy weather.  Southern Utah has experienced unseasonable rain this fall.  Many of the back roads were closed, with a high risk of flash flooding, and numerous washouts.  Over the next few days I will be posting a bunch of digital images from this trip, and outlining our experiences.  Then in the coming weeks, as I process my film, I will be posting scans of my large format negatives.

No comments: