Friday, October 9, 2015

Business Trip

Yesterday I had to make a trip out to Provost in east central Alberta to carry out an inspection of some problem skylights on a Seniors Home.  It takes a little over three hours to drive from Edmonton to Provost.  I threw my big camera in the truck with me because I know that between the drive, and an hour to check out the skylights, there wouldn't be enough time to head back in to the office.  I made a couple of stops along the way home and photographed a couple of cool subjects that I stumbled across.  The first was an old abandoned delivery van that I found along side the road near Hardisty.  It appears that this vehicle once made deliveries for the Hardisty Bakery and later was put into service by Wells Plumbing.  A short distance down the road I came across a once proud old house, up on a high rise of land.  I made a few photographs here before continuing on my journey back home.  It was a nice way to break up over six hours of driving.  I still made it back into the city in time to take Anna to her dance class in the evening...







1 comment:

Chris BIGDoer Doering said...

Love the barn house. We were exploring one just the other day!