Sunday, October 27, 2013

Winter Hockey - Game Seven

As I write these posts about my travels in southern Utah, it is actually about a week after the fact and I am back at home, sorting through all my images and notes.  Last night, the Renegades played our 7th hockey game of the winter season.  We were undefeated through our first six games of the schedule and as a result we were moved up one division into Division Ten.  Our first game in Division Ten was against the first place team who were also undefeated to start the season, with only one overtime loss.  Our first game in the higher division was a rude awakening.  We were soundly defeated by a score of 8-1, for our first loss of the season.  I certainly found myself unprepared.  As the oldest and one of the least skilled players on my team I am usually not a significant contributor.  And this time around, having been away from the rink for a couple weeks, I was shaky and not in game shape.  Our opponents, The Banana Hammocks, were a young and fast team with a solid goaltender.  We obviously need to be better prepared for our upcoming games.

No comments: