Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Procession West ends at McMullen

The Procession West show here in Edmonton at McMullen Gallery came to an end on October 20th.  I was not around when it came down. My friends Rob and Brad and I were down in southern Utah doing some back country hiking and photography.  We left Edmonton on October 12th and drove through... over 2 days... to Kanab, Utah.  We had a house rented in Kanab that would be our home base for the next eight days.  Every morning we were up before dawn and out on the backroads somewhere to some trailhead.  During those eight days I shot 129 sheets of 4x5 Black and White film, and 29 sheets of Color.  I also shot nearly 1100 digital images and racked up 5899km on my truck.  It was a great trip and look for a bunch of posts in the coming days with all the details.
Our Procession West show ended on October 20th and the McMullen staff graciously took down the show for us while we were away.  Rob and I picked up the prints today...
While I was away another rejection letter showed up in the mail, this time from an Art Gallery in Castlegar, British Columbia.  We had sent a submission package to them back in the spring and they finally got around to responding.
The Renegades played two hockey games while I was away and won both.  The team is now undefeated through our first six games and as a result we have been moved up to a higher division.  It remains to be seen whether or not we can be competitive against teams of a higher skill level.
I arrived back home from the Utah trip last night, and returned to a partial day in the office today.  It sure was a challenge to force myself back into the work routine and deal with all the little issues and problems and conflicts that arose in my absence.  I actually only missed six days of work, but even so there seems to be no end to the crap that has to be dealt with.  I really look forward to the day when I can walk away from this and focus my attention on relaxing endeavors such as those of the last few days....

No comments: