Saturday, May 14, 2022

Rollshutters

I headed back out to Nordegg on the afternoon of Wednesday May 4th.  This time it was a solo trip.  I was only back home in the city for a day and half after the Springfest weekend before I hit the road again.  I got home from East Coulee on Monday, played hockey twice on Tuesday, and headed back out to the cottage on Wednesday.
On Thursday morning Al from Rolltec Rollshutters showed up.  I had previously ordered shutters from him, and they were now ready to install.  I gave him a hand with the installation so that he didn't have to bring out any installers.  There are only five windows, all the same size, plus one door, so the installation was quick and easy.  We started around 11:00AM and were finished by about 3:30PM.
After Al left I carried on with more lacquer application, and started on the aspen paneling to the gable end up on the main loft.  I continued with this through the day on Friday, and by the end of the day I had most of the gable end finished.  I also had all of the aspen boards that I have out here, finished with multiple coats of lacquer.  I will have to bring another load of boards out next time I come.  As the second gable end is up on the loft, there is some electrical to fit around.  There are two receptacles, as well as a light switch for the potlights.  I connected everything and put covers on as I finished around them.








No comments: