Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Evening Walk in East Coulee

On Sunday evening, after the Springfest I found myself alone.  The girls had all gone back to the city, and all the visitors to the festival had gone home.  It was just me, and a handful of other locals left in town.  One of the things that I love about East Coulee is how quiet it is.  The evenings are wonderful and the light on the badlands is often spectacular.
It was a little cool and blustery but I went for an evening walk around town.  I checked out the old timber framed railway bridge that once served the Atlas Coal Mine.  It is becoming deteriorated and the access at either end has now been closed with some chain link fence.  I understand that there is an effort to restore it, but that will be a costly undertaking.  I hope the organizers are successful.
I wandered around other parts of town and peeked into a few of the old buildings.  There was not much going on, but it was nice to be out on a quiet stroll.
As evening began to settle I retired to my trailer and went to bed early.  It was on the next day that I actually took the drive up the coulee and into the wintering hills with my camera.  And once that was wrapped up I hit the road for home on Monday afternoon.








No comments: