Monday, May 23, 2022

Sunday Drive up the Trunk Road

I puttered around in the guest cottage a little on Saturday May 21st.  The snow and rain had ended and the skies were mostly sunny.  Most of the snow melted pretty quickly.  I unloaded the 40 or so aspen boards that I had brought along, and stacked them in the cottage.  Then I cut through the vent for the range hood, a project I had been avoiding for weeks.  It went pretty well, though it did take four jigsaw blades to cut the 6 inch diameter opening through the Hardie Board siding.  I installed a few more pieces of paneling, and that was about the extent of my work.
Margarit drove out and joined me and Annelise on Saturday afternoon.  We had a nice dinner of roast chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy.  The two other girls decided to stay in the city so we invited our neighbor Dan and his daughter Arlette over to help us eat all the food.
On Sunday we slept in.  It was sunny and warm again, and by this time the snow was pretty much gone.  We made a trip up to the dump and got rid of a bunch of garbage that we had accumulated.  Then we carried on up the Forestry Trunk Road to the Blackstone River.  I brought along my big view camera, and Anna brought her little mirrorless digital camera.  We expored along the river for a couple of hours, poking around the driftwood and checking out the rocks.  I did three setups with the big camera, and Anna had fun taking a bunch of shots with hers.
By late afternoon we headed back to the cottage and I got the barbecue going.  We had a nice dinner of steak, chicken, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and salad.  As soon as dinner was finished we settled in to watch the game.  We've been able to stream TV channels through our internet connection.  The Oilers were playing the Calgary Flames in the Battle of Alberta.  This is the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs and our Oilers were victorious to take a 2-1 series lead.









No comments: