Tuesday, May 10, 2022

The Rock

Dinosaur Valley Studios has taken over an old store in East Coulee.  It is a seasonal gift shop that presents some of the items that the company produces.  A few of my photos are also on display and for sale.  The store is called "The Rock".
We had a soft opening during the Springfest and the crew scrambled to get everything set up.  It isn't fully functional as a retail store yet, but we had a lot of traffic come through, and the concept was well received.  As summer approaches there will be an effort to become fully set up.

I found an old photo that I took of the building back in July of 2014.  This was taken with my Ebony 4x5 view camera on Kodak T-Max 100 film, developed in 510 Pyro Developer.  Development was 1:100 for 6:15 minutes at 24C.  I used a polarizing filter to take some of the reflections off the glass, and darken the sky.  The building was called the Coyote Club and at that point it was in poor condition.  The glass was falling out of the storefront and the wall was beginning to rot.  I understand that back in the day they used it as a venue for some of the bands in the Springfest.  Over the past few years the owner repaired the building, and then my friend Frank finished it inside to make it usable as "The Rock"









No comments: